Interreg-IPA Cross-border Cooperation programme Hungary-Serbia (Interreg-IPA CBC Hungary-Serbia) launched the Strategic Call for Proposals on March 29, 2016. This is the first call for proposals within the Programme that was approved by the European Commission Decision C(2015)9488 on December 15, 2015.
The Strategic Call for Proposals, under the reference number HUSRB/1601, and the amount of funds of 24,800,000 EUR, is intended for projects of strategic value for the Hungary-Serbia border region – projects which are in line with the relevant national and regional strategies and which have the capacity to make a high impact and improve the quality of life in the border-region area.
The Strategic Call for Proposals HUSRB/1601 will be open until September 30, 2016. During this period, the Programme will provide the Applicants with assistance with the application process through its Joint Secretariat (JS) and the JS Antenna, as described in Chapter 8.2 of the Guidelines for Applicants. Additionally, the potential Applicants will have the option to search for project partners through the online tool Partner Search on the Programme website.
The Application Package is comprised of the following documents:
- Call for Proposals
- Guidelines for Applicants and its Annexes
- Eligibility Rules of Expenditures
- Application Form and its Annexes
Duration of the call
March 29, 2016 – September 30, 2016, 24:00 CET, as evidenced by the date on the postal stamp. In case the applications are submitted personally, or via courier service, the JS must receive them by 16:00 CET on September 30, 2016.
NOTE: The original deadline for submission of project proposals within the Strategic Call was August 26, 2016, 24:00 PM CET (16:00 CET in case of personal delivery of the Application). This deadline was extended by the JMC on July 11, 2016.
Supported projects are required to be implemented within the eligible area of the Programme, defined in the document Cooperation Programme, in the area of NUTS III level (or NUTS III equivalent) region, as follows:
- In Hungary: Csongrád, and Bács-Kiskun counties;
- In Serbia: West Bačka, North Bačka, North Banat, South Bačka, South Bačka, Middle Banat, South Banat, and Srem.
The following organisations are eligible to apply for the funding allocated to the Programme:
- public authorities
- bodies governed by public law
- non-profit organisations governed by private law - as a general rule
For a detailed description of Eligibility of Applicants please consult Chapter 2 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
The amount of funding available for this Strategic Call for Proposals is 24,800,000 EUR. The indicative financial allocations for respective Priority Axes (PA) together with the minimum amounts of subsidy are as follows:
- PA 1: Improving the cross-border water management and risk prevention systems – the minimum amount of IPA contribution is 4,000,000 EUR;
- PA 2: Decreasing the bottlenecks of cross-border traffic – the minimum amount of IPA contribution is 2,000,000 EUR;
- PA 3: Encouraging tourism and cultural heritage cooperation – the minimum amount of IPA contribution is 2,000,000 EUR
Please note that the final allocations awarded to projects under this Call may vary, following the assessment and selection of the Applications.
On project level, IPA provides support up to 85% of the total eligible expenditure, and the remaining 15% will be financed from national sources. Please note, that the sources of funding differ in case of Beneficiaries from Hungary and from Serbia as described in Chapter 6 of the Guidelines for Applicants. In case the Lead Beneficiary concludes the Subsidy Contract with the Managing Authority (MA), an advance in an amount of maximum 15% of the total IPA allocation of a project will automatically be granted from the EU contribution.
The planned implementation period of a project must not be shorter than 12 months and must not be longer than 36 months.
Submission of Applications
Application together with the relevant supporting documents have to be submitted according to the rules set in Chapter 8.5 of the Guidelines for Applicants to the Joint Secretariat (JS).
The description of the assessment process can be found in Chapter 9 of the Guidelines for Applicants.
Results of the Strategic Call for Proposals
Provisional notification date of the results of the Strategic Call for Proposal is January 2017.