Project Title: Rehabilitation of common natural and cultural heritage for future development of the region
Acronym: Rehab NatCult Heritage
Project ID: HUSRB/1602/31/0128
Total Project budget: 557,602.2 EUR
EU contribution (IPA): 473,961.87 EUR
Start Date: 1 April 2018
End Date: 31 March 2020
Lead Beneficiary: Sándorfalva Local Government
Beneficiary 1: Municipality of Novi Bečej
Contact information: Sándorfalva Local Government
Address: 6762 Sándorfalva, Szabadság tér 1.
Contact person: Zsuzsanna Pataki, Gajdosné
Telephone: +36 6 257 2963
Novi Bečej in Serbia and Sándorfalva in Hungary are of similar economic development, their residents’ living conditions are also similar, and both settlements’ development was directly affected by the closeness of the environmental protection areas. Both of these settlements put great emphasis on development of tourism, especially eco-tourism.
Having recognized the similar problems and being interested in common development and cooperation opportunities, the municipal organizations started cooperating in 2013.
The main objective of the project is the ecotourism-related utilization of areas with protected natural values, as well as the revitalization of tourism, economy and community life and the strengthening of cross-border relationships.
The project partners plan to implement the following activities within this project:
- the infrastructural development of the natural protection area by elaborating an eco-tourism strategy related to the two areas;
- promotion of the local product sales, and starting a training for the standardization process and establishing a monitoring body;
- organization of five cultural events presenting the values of Slano Kopovo;
- project appearances of the at tourism fairs;
- rehabilitation of the ex lege natural protection area of Lake Nádas, by allowing a part of the reedy area to be grazed by buffalos from the Kiskunság National Park and by creating an open water surface for the varied water habitats, suitable for bird watching;
- connecting Sándorfalva and Lake Nádas by a natural trail with interactive elements.
- organization of several events aimed at promoting the local natural and cultural values;
- a study on the diversification of wildlife at Lake Nádas;
- marketing and communications activities.