On 2 December 2016 the Joint Secretariat of the Interreg-IPA CBC Hungary-Serbia Programme announced vacancies for two full-time Programme Manager positions with permanent contract – a native Hungarian speaker and a native Serbian speaker. The deadline for applications is 31 December 2016, 24:00 (midnight) CET.
Interreg–IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Hungary–Serbia is an initiative within the 2014-2020 European Union financial framework, under the Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA). It is the fourth generation of the cross-border cooperation programmes in the Hungary-Serbia border region. Operating under the slogan “Good Neighbours Creating Common Future”, the Programme supports the development of a stable and co-operating region and the overall quality of life in the border region. It enables economic collaboration of organizations from the two countries, nurtures the common identity, and cultural and historical heritage of the border region, and contributes to its environmental sustainability and safety.
The Joint Secretariat (JS) is hosted by the Széchenyi Programme Office Non-profit LLC. The JS is responsible for the day-to-day programme management and supplies potential applicants with information, provides advice during the application process and accompanies the applicants until the project is finished. It works in close cooperation with the Managing Authority while being independent from the national administrative structures. The JS assists the Managing Authority, the Joint Monitoring Committee and the Audit Authority in carrying out their respective duties. The tasks of the JS include activities related to general programme co-ordination and implementation, technical and administrative management, information and publicity, project development and selection.
The Joint Secretariat of the Interreg–IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Hungary–Serbia is searching for a native Hungarian speaker and a native Serbian speaker for two full-time Programme Manager positions for permanent contract. The Programme Manager will be responsible for the preparation of calls for proposals, assessment of project proposals and for the monitoring and control of the progress of implementation of approved projects. She/he also has to provide advice on administrative and content related requirements to potential applicants and project partners. In addition, she/he has to fulfil certain administrative tasks with regard to the operation of the JS (e.g. preparation, co-ordination and management of contracts for services and supplies financed from the technical assistance budget of the Programme).
1. Programme Implementation
- Coordinates the preparation of calls for proposals (in line with the decisions of the Joint Monitoring Committee), prepare and continuously evaluate and update the application packages;
- Fulfils secretariat tasks for the Joint Monitoring Committee (prepare relevant material for decision-making, providing information);
- Prepares statistics and monitoring figures at programme level for the Joint Monitoring Committee, Managing Authority and respective National Authorities, the European Commission; prepare minutes of meetings;
- Prepares reports on progress of implementation (e.g. Annual reports) including financial progress of the projects as well as thematic reports on progress achieved;
- Provides information to the Programme monitoring system (data input);
- Participates in the development of implementation guidelines, programme manuals, etc.
2. Project Development
- Provides equitable assistance to individual applicants in developing their projects; provide support and advice to project applicants on composition of appropriate partnerships as well as on financial and budgetary aspects;
- Participates in project events
3. Project Assessment
- Manages the project application process (launching of CfPs, co-operating with external service providers);
- Coordinates and participates in the project selection and evaluation procedure.
4. Project Implementation
- Co-ordinates contracting selected projects, prepares subsidy contracts with Lead Beneficiaries;
- Assists Lead Beneficiaries throughout project implementation;
- Collects and reviews project progress reports elaborated by Lead Beneficiaries and advises them if progress is not on schedule;
- In the process of continuous monitoring of project implementation, provides solutions to practical problems of Lead Beneficiaries (e.g. with regard to procurement, project modifications, reporting, etc).
5. Programme Promotion
- Contributes to the implementation of the information and communication strategy of the Programme;
- Prepares and actively participates in events (conferences, seminars, info days, workshops, etc).
6. Other activities
- Ensures the administrative management of tasks (e.g. coordinates JS procurements with the involvement of external service providers);
- Performs other relevant duties deriving from the management of the programme.
- Relevant university degree (preferably in economics, public administration, law, business administration, spatial planning or related field);
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience in EU funded programme or project management (preferably Pre-Accession Funds, Structural Funds, INTERREG,);
- Fluent in spoken and written English, as well as in Hungarian and/or Serbian;
- Computer literacy;
- Flexible approach to work; willingness to travel;
- Active driving license;
- Excellent managerial and communication skills, negotiation skills and organising ability.
- Demonstrated experience in contract procedures for EU external actions (PRAG)
- Good team player with capacity to work in a multicultural environment;
- Good understanding and knowledge of the programme area;
- Ability to take personal responsibility for delivery of high quality results to tight deadlines.
The deadline for applications is 31 December 2016, 24:00 (midnight) CET.
- Interested applicants have to submit:
- Europass format curriculum vitae (CV) with photo
- a motivation letter in English
- proof of education (scanned version in English or original language with accompanying translation in English)
- proof of knowledge of languages (if available)
These documents will form the basis of the initial stage of selection. Potential candidates will be asked to attend an interview (in English). The final decision on the selection will be taken by the Head of JS in consultation with the Managing Authority as well as with the National Authority of Serbia.
Only those applications which have been received by the closing date to this vacancy announcement will be eligible for consideration.
Terms of employment
The selected candidates will be employed on a permanent contract with a trial period of 3 months. The contract will be based on Hungarian labour law, therefore in case the successful applicant is of a non-EU nationality, he/she will have to obtain a work permit and a residence permit in order to hold the position.
A competitive salary calculated in accordance to qualifications and work experience.
The Joint Secretariat is located in Budapest, Hungary.
For further information on the Interreg–IPA Cross-border Cooperation Programme Hungary–Serbia please visit the Programme’s website: www.interreg-ipa-husrb.com.