Project Title: Competitive sustainability of agricultural enterprises through the development of new products with added value based on alternative plant species
Project ID: HUSRB/1602/41/0214
Total Project budget: 352,798.58 EUR
EU contribution (IPA): 299,878.79 EUR
Start Date: 1 April 2018
End Date: 31 March 2020
Lead Beneficiary: Nemzeti Agrárkutatási és Innovációs Központ
Beneficiary 1: Lendületben az Agro-Biotech Vállalkozás-fejlesztésért Innovatív Non-profit Alapítvány
Beneficiary 2: European Affairs Fund of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina
Beneficiary 3: Association of Gardeners Senta
Beneficiary 4: Cereal Research Non-Profit Limited Company
Beneficiary 5: University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Agriculture
Nemzeti Agrárkutatási és Innovációs Központ
Address: 2100, Gödöllő, Szent Györgyi út 4., Hungary
Contact person: Erzsebet Peti
Telephone: +36 70 371 1222
The common problem identified in the Hungary-Serbia border region, on both sides of the border, is high usage of industrial plants that generate more yields per hectare, but also reduce the product quality, contribute to soil degradation and reduce the need for additional employment.
The main objective of this project is to create positive conditions for economic activities in agriculture through research, and thus reduce the negative impact of this type of industry on the environment.
Organizations involved in the project include research institutions, a university, an innovation management associations, a CSO focusing on science promotion and education, and a public sector agency in order to distribute the scientific results and educational material among different target groups.
The main project outcomes include:
- Improved research potential and capacities on the topic of alternative plant species in Csongrád County in Hungary and AP Vojvodina in Serbia;
- Increased knowledge of agricultural producers and SMEs on alternative plant species, new insights on their usability and possibilities of improved growing methods;
- Enhanced competitiveness and development possibilities of producers and SMEs in the agro food sector;
- Increased awareness and networking potential on availability and usability of alternative plant species in Csongrád County and AP Vojvodina.
The main project activities are the following:
- Procurement of research equipment;
- Research activities (new technologies/products);
- Organization of workshops with young researchers;
- Exchange of young researchers;
- Development of teaching materials;
- Organization of trainings;
- Organization of internet/social network trainings for sharing of knowledge;
- Organization of symposiums;
- Examination of market potentials;
- Analysis of export/import regulations;
- Brand development;
- Catalogue of business plants;
- Organization of Regional forums, CBC association;
- Development of ICT tool;
- Study visits of agro-food SMEs in the border region;
- Organization of agro food producers’ visits and presentation of project in agricultural fairs.